A Creative Twist to The Tragedy of Macbeth
A Creative Twist to The Tragedy of Macbeth is a project that gives students an opportunity to express their understanding of Macbeth through their artistic ability. The activity appeals to the learning style of all students by allowing the students to establish their position as the reviewer of the play The Tragedy of Macbeth. The lesson plan addresses the following content standards: Identify literary components that contribute to authors' styles, Apply both literal and inferential comprehension strategies, including drawing conclusions and making inferences about characters, motives, intentions, and attitudes in short stories, drama, poetry, novels, and essays and other nonfiction texts, Identify and interpret literary elements and devices, including analogy, personification, and implied purpose, Compare organizational structure, figurative language, and literary devices, including use of paradox, among predominantly British short stories, drama, poetry, essays, and other nonfiction literature, Analyze British literature for style, audience appeal, cultural significance, and plot structure, Identify literary elements in British literary selections from various genres, Determine word meaning in British literature using word structure and context clues.
- CLE 3005.7.4
- Apply and adapt the principles of written composition to create coherent media productions.
- CLE 3005.8.1
- Demonstrate knowledge of significant works of British literature from the Anglo-Saxon period to the present and make relevant comparisons.
- CLE 3005.8.2
- Understand the characteristics of various literary genres (e.g., poetry, novel, biography, short story, essay, drama).
- CLE 3005.8.5
- Know and use appropriate literary terms to derive meaning and comprehension from various literary genres.
- GLE 0701.6.1
- Comprehend and summarize the main ideas and supporting details of informational texts.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.
- A Creative Twist to The Tragedy of Macbeth gives students an opportunity to depict their interpretation of Macbeth through the performing and creative arts.
- Students will interpret William Shakespeare's The Tragedy of Macbeth.
- Students will chose a specfic project that will give the teacher an opportunity to evaluate the students understanding the play.
Materials and Technology:
- The Tragedy of Macbeth Project (see attachment)
- Three-ring binder
- Project cover
- Presentation Software
- LCD Projector