- CLE 3002.3.1
- Write in a variety of modes for different audiences and purposes.
- CLE 3002.6.1
- Comprehend and summarize the main ideas of informational and technical texts and determine the essential elements that elaborate them.
- CLE 3002.8.3
- Recognize the conventions of various literary genres and understand how these conventions articulate the writers vision.
- CLE 3002.8.5
- Know and use appropriate literary terms to derive meaning from various literary genres.
- GLE 0501.8.3
- Understand the basic characteristics of the genres (e.g., narratives, prose,
poetry, drama) studied.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.