Oreo Cookie Writing
This introductory writing activity uses Oreo cookies to expose students to the concept of response writing (rather than simply summarizing an event or information). This activity promotes use of description and adequate pacing to adequately detail an event or experience.
- GLE 0301.3.1
- Write for a variety of purposes to different audiences.
- GLE 0301.3.2
- Write in various modes and genres, including narration, literary response, personal experience, and subject matter content.
- GLE 0401.3.1
- Write for a variety of purposes and to a variety of audiences.
- GLE 0401.3.2
- Write in a variety of modes and genres (e.g., narration, description, personal expression, imaginative writing, response to literature, response to subject...
- GLE 0501.3.1
- Write for a variety of purposes and to different audiences.
- GLE 0501.3.2
- Write in various modes and genres, including narration, literary response, personal expression, description, and imaginative.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.
- connect with how they personally feel about an issue or a piece of literature.
- learn about the importance of sharing their unique perspectives (vs. simply regurgitating information).
- a large bag of OREO cookies
- chalk or whiteboard
- pencils or pens