PBS Evolution Website
There is no better evolution resource available on-line! This companion site was created in conjunction with a video series by the same name. This site contains background information for teachers on how to teach evolution; interactive student activities to reinforce learning and short video clips of the larger full program videos. This resource is phenomenal and certainly worth a look!
- CLE 3001.3.3
- Organize ideas into an essay with a thesis statement in the introduction, well constructed paragraphs, a conclusion, and transition sentences that connect...
- CLE 3210.5.2
- Analyze the relationship between form and function in living things.
- CLE 3210.5.3
- Explain how genetic variation in a population and changing environmental conditions are associated with adaptation and the emergence of new species.
- CLE 3210.5.4
- Summarize the supporting evidence for the theory of evolution.
- CLE 3210.5.5
- Explain how evolution contributes to the amount of biodiversity.
- CLE 3210.5.6
- Explore the evolutionary basis of modern classification systems.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.