Novel study for "A Year Down Yonder"
Site gives summary, objectives, activites ,follow-up and and enrichment assignments to use with the story. This lesson uses the book A Year Down Yonder to connect with characters and how to write from different perspectives.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.
- Students will personally connect with characters.
- As a result, they will enhance their understanding of how to write from a character's perspective.
Use the following prompts to get started:
- Where were you?
- Why were you in this new place/situation?
- How did you feel?
- What did you think, wonder, worry about?
- What happened?
- How did you adapt to the new situation?