Colonial America Timeline
This is a section from the Jefferson County School System website that contains a PowerPoint presentation of the timeline of Colonial America. At the end of the PowerPonint, there are links to multiple lesson plans. The Colonial America Timeline lesson has great writing across the curriculum assignments that direct students to visit websites and read historical documents from that period of American literature.
- CLE 3003.3.1
- Write in a variety of modes, with particular emphasis on persuasion, for different purposes and audiences.
- CLE 3003.4.2
- Gather relevant information from a variety of print and electronic sources, as well as from direct observation, interviews, and surveys.
- CLE 3003.6.1
- Comprehend and summarize the main ideas of complex informational texts and determine the essential elements that elaborate them.
- CLE 3003.8.1
- Demonstrate knowledge of significant works of American literature from the colonial period to the present and make relevant comparisons.
- CLE 3003.8.4
- Analyze works of American literature for what is suggested about the historical period in which they were written.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.